We’re halfway through August and it’s almost time to start the school year. We’ve been working hard during the summer getting things ready for all of our new and older pupils. We’ll be texting all parents about a week before the term starts but here are a few pointers to help you and your child settle in.
- Please read the prospectus that we sent to you over the summer. If you haven’t received the prospectus, please ring the school.
- Schoolbooks, insurance, arts and crafts and photocopying will cost €100 this year (down from €110 last year). Parents who have paid a €50 deposit for their child’s place in the school only need to pay the balance of €50 on 31st August. Schoolbooks will only be given to children when this money has been paid. If you have any difficulties paying the schoolbook money, please talk to Simon in confidence to avoid any delays in your child receiving his/her textbooks.
- Please ensure your child has a pencil, rubber, sharpener, colouring pencils and ruler. Children love to pick out a colourful pencil case to store their stationry. Make sure you label all items.
- We’ll be serving tea and coffee to all parents on the first day. Make sure to come along to join other parents after you drop off your child(ren)
- When you bring your child into school for the first time, try to make it a really positive experience. Although you (and your child) will be emotional on this big step, it is best to take some photos/videos and go to the parents room. You can always take a peek through the window on your way out to see how well your child is doing!
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call!