Update 1pm: 2nd December

snowIt has just been announced that all schools in Carlow Town will be closed until further notice.  We will update you by text, on Twitter and Facebook and on this web site of any developments.  We will also upload a few activities to do with your children if cabin fever is setting in on our Facebook page: http://facebook.com/carlowetns

Update 3:15pm 1st December

All schools in Carlow Town will close tomorrow due to the continuing bad weather.

Update: 7:00am 1st December

Due to continuing bad weather, all schools in Carlow Town are closed today.  A text has been sent out to all families.  If you have not been receiving text messages from the school, please email simon@carloweducatetogether.ie with your phone number and we’ll add you to the list.  You can also follow us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/carlowetns for more regular updates.

Update: 9:00pm 30th November

We have been advised to wait until tomorrow morning to make a decision on opening the school tomorrow.  Although temperatures were up today the frost has set in and the ground is beginning to freeze over.  There is also a chance of snow later on.  As with today, we will send a text in the morning with a decision.

Update: 7:00am 30th November

Due to snow over the night, the Board of Management have deemed it unsafe to open the school today.  As we receive further news about the weather, we will keep you up to date on this web site and through our Facebook page (http://facebook.com/carlowetns).  A text will be sent out to let you know when the school will reopen.

Update: 8:30pm 29th November

School will open tomorrow. However, the Board of Management have decided to wait until 7am tomorrow morning to make a final call in case of changing conditions. According to weather forecasts from Met Eireann there is a 50% chance of heavy snow showers tonight.   A text will be sent out with the following message:

School will be open tomorrow. Final check at 7am & text will follow if any change.

Update: 7:00pm 29th November

No change.  Schools in town will be informing each other of decisions to close if the need arises.  As far as we know, all town schools are open tomorrow.  Please update us if you hear of anything different.

Update: 4:30pm 29th November

Weather warnings across the country are looking ominous.  We have been in contact with other schools in town and a joint decision will be made.  We will keep updating this page throughout the evening if there are any changes. As of 4:30pm, school will be open tomorrow.


Update: 11:30am 29th November

Electricity has been restored to Graiguecullen and all heating, etc. seems to be in working order. Sorry for inconvenience this morning. We were all ready to go with the paths salted. It was only at 8:40am that all electricity went.  As you can see staff were disappointed as some had made long journeys to get to school.  We will keep you up to date throughout the day as conditions are predicted to worsen in Carlow. It’s currently -6C.

With regards to orders for Christmas gifts, we will still be able to get cards delivered to the school before Friday.  We have ordered an extra limited number of cards for families who were not able to get their orders in on time.  These will be sold on a first come, first served basis.